News you can use all day
Faux Noise contributor Herman (Black Walnut) Cain says we're looking at the wrong economists.
- Guns! Guns! Guns! - Mississippi (Motto: We're Number 50!) state House Speaker Philip Gunn (R-Trigger Happy) is urging gun manufacturers to relocate to that state (TPM):
"We need more businesses to establish home base in Mississippi. We can provide these companies with an educated workforce, a superior quality of life, an evolving education system for their children, and the peace of mind that comes with knowing we support their industry.”
That's the only time those Mississippi kids will ever hear the word evolve.
Meanwhile, Texas favorite loose screw Louie Gohmert tells us to be vewy, vewy quiet because he's hunting drones, and advises that you will need "at least 50 rounds in your magazines" to shoot one down. In your backyard. Sent by the gubmint to spy on you. (Raw Story)
- How's that rebranding working for you, boys? - It seems that Wingnuttia's farm teams in Indiana and Virginia didn't get the memo to show their softer sides.
- Indiana now wants women to undergo a transvaginal probe before they can have RU-486 dispensed from their pharmacy, and then they would have to have a second transvaginal probe afterwards. (Think Progress)
- Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-VA), chair of the Judiciary Committee says that he will not support a bill that eventually grants citizenship for the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants in America, which makes it very unlikely that any immigration reform will happen during this congress. (TPM)
- Will and Grace - Researchers in Texas are studying the friendships between straight women and gay men: yes, it's a thing. (The Atlantic)