News you can use all day
Alaska's part-time governor and full-time grifter Mooselini's "finest hour."
- "I'm not saying she deserved to be raped, but..." -
The usual Fox News informed commentary and analysis on a teen rape case in Missouri goes terribly wrong. Also/too: when did Squiggy become a shyster? (Raw Story)
- Cannot wait to read the non-apology for this one - Linda Oliver, the mayor of West Union, South Carolina does not like teh gayz:
"What's it gonna take to get these queers to realize they don't need a piece of paper. God will not bless their union because he plainly speaks against queers in the Bible. Want to cover your queer with insurance? Buy a policy. Want your queer to get your stuff when you die? Make a will."
- We've got Numbers - Think Progress gives us a round-up:
- A Quinnipiac poll shows that 58% oppose Congress cutting off funding for the health care law to stop its implementation.
- Kaiser’s tracking poll has consistently found strong opposition to scrapping the health care law. In late September, 56% disapproved of cutting off funding to the ACA.
- CBS / NY Times pollsters found 56% of voters want Congress to uphold the law and make it work as well as possible, compared to just 38% who want to stop it by defunding it.
- According to NBC/WSJ, only 39% support eliminating federal funding for the law while 50% oppose.
- In Gallup’s recent polling, just 29% want the law repealed, while 64% want it kept as it is, or kept with some changes.
- Even Tea Party supporters knew the Republican strategy was doomed, with a Fox News poll showing that 54% believed that the ACA would remain the law in spite of attempts to defund it.
...While Livewire tells us that 14 Wingnuttian house seats might be in play, and the Senate is for sure staying with the Dims (if they don't blow it, which is always likely).