News you can use all day
(Petunia and Pals) Rep. Marsha Blackburn welcomes the government shut down.
Happy Government Shut Down Day!
- Closed for Bidness - It's official, Wingnuttia done crashed the gubmint for Freedom. (Livewire has the actual shut-down memo)
- That Obamamcare that Everyone Hates - The law that every Wingnuttian tells you that Americans hate more than 1,000 Hitlers was so hated that when the exchanges went online this morning the servers crashed because: volume.
Heavy Internet traffic and system problems plagued the launch of the new health insurance exchanges Tuesday morning. Consumers attempting to log on were met with an error message early Tuesday due to an overload of Internet traffic.
- Declared! - Anti-gay Xristian Xrazie activist Scott Lively has (allegedly) declared that he is running for Governor of Massachusetts. Lively, best known for encouraging the killing gays in Uganda declared:
After long contemplation and prayer I am convinced that I should run for Governor of Massachusetts. I will run as an independent.
The Christians and conservatives of this state need a candidate who can clearly and unapologetically articulate Biblical values without fear or compromise. They need a candidate who will tell the simple truth that abortion is murder, and homosexuality is condemned by God (but that Jesus forgives and heals those who repent). That parents and not the state have authority over their children, because government is our servant and not our master. That socialism is slavery and humanism breeds corruption. But mostly they need a leader who will remind the people that Massachusetts was founded upon Jesus Christ and the Bible and that our future security and prosperity depend on restoring our trust in Him. “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord!” Psalm 33:12.
- Oh, just for giggles and historical perspective, here's a list of demands that the GOP has made on threat of shutting down the government:
- A balanced budget amendment
- Approving Keystone XL
- Eliminating funding for Planned Parenthood
- Medicare privatization
- Tax reform, as outlined by Paul Ryan
- The REINS Act, which would require Congress to approve significant federal regulations
- Means-testing Social Security
- Defunding Obamacare
- Allowing employers to eliminate insurance coverage for birth control
- An expansion of off-shore drilling
- Preserving all the Bush tax cuts
- “Trillions” in budget cuts
- Slashing funding for food stamps
- Protecting mountaintop strip mining
- Stripping the EPA of authority to regulate greenhouse gases
- Loosening regulation on coal ash
- Delaying Obamacare implementation by one year
- Repealing a tax on medical devices
- Eliminating Social Service Block Grants
- Expanding drilling on federal lands
- Restricting the child tax credit